Weekly Nerd News: January 14
by Haylee Fisher (@haylee_fisher)
Have you fallen behind on your nerd news? Don’t worry; we’re here to help! Here are a few stories to bring up at the water cooler this week:
• A new patent released last week suggests Sony is working on a redesigned Move controller. Not only will it be more ergonomic, but will possibly have interchangeable faceplates, among other features. What do you think of this revamp?
• Are you counting down the days until The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is released? To make that wait go by a little faster, promo pictures of the movie have been released. One set features the main trio and another has secondary characters. Looking forward to seeing these in action?
• Game of Thrones returns March 21 and a teaser trailer has just been posted promoting the new season. Though there isn’t much substance to the clip – they take the word “teaser” very literally – it still manages to drum up excitement with a three-eyed raven and a weird background song. Are you excited for GoT to be back?
• It has just been revealed what superheroes will be involved in the new LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game. Over 100 characters can be unlocked during play including Spider-Man, Iron Man, Black Widow, Deadpool, and Loki. The game will be released this fall. What character are you anticipating most?
• Coulson lives! The president of ABC confirmed last week that Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot is a sequel to The Avengers, not a prequel. The show starts shooting next week, but hasn’t been picked up beyond the pilot. Are you eager to see Whedon’s work back on the small screen?