I Have a Need… a Need for Seed!


by Maria Layley (@mazlayley)

In case you missed it, and I’m sure at least 90% of us will forgive you if you did (the other 10%, a negotiation will be needed); in 2009, PopCap Games, the evil geniuses behind the smash hit Bejeweled, released another stunner in the form of a game named Plants vs. Zombies. Please remember this was pre-zombie revival so it was a rather big leap of faith…or in this case, more of a slow cone-wearing, foot-dragging zombie walk.

Now I don’t know about you, but I was literally (Yes, Google, I said “literally”) addicted to Bejeweled. A habit that took me a while to recover from and sometimes I woke up screaming because I couldn’t match the shiny things…! Moving on… I had very high hopes for what PopCap would come up with and hated them for creating another addictive game, but with over thirty Game of the Year awards, it was clear everyone else was agreeing with me.

It wasn’t just the design, but also the idea. It was Whack-a-Mole 2.0 mixed with strategic planning pulled from years of playing Battleship mixed with the addictiveness one would get from playing the original Sonic–I NEED EVERY RING! Now, four years later, they pull us back in with Plants vs. Zombies 2.

The graphics are stunning, and I mean stunning. It’s like seeing Jessica Rabbit in 3DD; you loved how she looked before but now it’s a whole different story. There’s now a map for you to travel through, not just time; an almanac to help you with the different types of plants and zombies; and of course, the shop, where you can go and buy that watch… as watches are cool. For those of you who have played it before, but haven’t in a while, don’t fret! You’ll get the hang of it again quickly, and you will be placing those boulders in the right places before you can say ‘Second Wave.’ For those of you who haven’t played it before, you will be guided through the new bits by the always charismatic (and taco-seeking) Crazy Dave and his time-travelling truck Penny. All the usual suspects are there with some new faces to keep it fresh.

As with the original game, it’s best experienced, but what I can say is PopCap… You gits, you’ve done it again.

Enjoy! …Brains!


  1. JeanneAugust 21st, 2013 at 1:52 am

    I Have Both Games and there cool 🙂

  2. JeanneAugust 21st, 2013 at 1:56 am

    Plantsvszombies and Bejeweled But I Have Bejeweled Twist

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Sorry. No data so far.



Read More