February Giveaway Rules
Official Sweepstakes Rules
No purchase necessary. Sponsor: The Nerd Machine. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is offered and open to legal residents of the United States who have reached the age of majority in their home state prior to February 01, 2013. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of a Sponsor, and its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising, and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors (“Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing “immediate family” means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Entry. To enter this Sweepstakes you may make any purchase of $25.00 or more on http://www.nerdhq.com and be automatically entered. You may also mail an entry to
Attn: February Giveaway
7354 Ethel Ave.
North Hollywood, CA 91605
with your First and Last Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number and Age. Must be postmarked by February 28th, 2018 and mailed. Hand delivered submissions not accepted.
You may only submit one (1) entry per household.
Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and winner eligibility. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
3. Condition of Participation. Participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of a Prize constitutes winner’s permission for a Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where and as prohibited by law. All entries may be re-used, in whole or in part, in a Sponsor’s outbound marketing content including, but not limited to, blog posts, tweets, podcasts, videos and Facebook page posts, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. To effectuate the foregoing, all entrants grant Sponsors a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, fully sublicenseable, worldwide license, under any and all of the copyright and other intellectual property rights related to the entries, and to allow others to do the same. You agree that any entry may be disseminated, distributed, publicly displayed, reproduced, used, sublicensed, posted, or published by a Sponsor or its partners, and searched, displayed, printed or otherwise used or exploited by a Sponsor or its partners.
4. Winner Selection. On or about March 10, 2013, the Sponsor of the Sweepstakes will randomly select one (1) valid entry.
5. Prizes. There is one (1) winner that will receive a prize pack. The “Prize Pack” is a Custom Tomb Raider Xbox 360 (value $400.00 USD), 2 tomb raider shirts from thenerdmachine.com ($25) and a pair of 3d Glasses (Promotional). The winner is responsible for all insurance, federal, state, and local taxes on the prize or the prize winner’s income and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of prizes. Sponsor has the right but no obligation to substitute a different prize of equal or greater value. No cash redemption is permitted. The winner may not substitute, transfer, or otherwise assign the prizes or any parts thereof. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, or if a Prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits Prize. The Sponsors will aim to send the prize within five (5) business days of the date the winner claims the prize, provided a valid address is received; however, the Sponsors reserve the right to send the prize up to 30 days after the winner is announced.
6. Notification: The Sponsor will contact the winning entrant directly via email. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to contact the Sponsors to respond to confirm eligibility. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made within two (2) days from the first notification attempt, or if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and requirements, such person may be disqualified and a replacement winner may be selected. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Entries and the winner may be discussed on the This Week in Tech Show.
7. Odds. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes.
8. Improper Conduct. The Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct a Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that a Sponsor may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize will in no way prevent a Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which a Sponsor, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Prize winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as a Sponsor may deem fair and appropriate.
10. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, or illegible; or for any website, computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes. The Content Entities are not responsible for: technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communications malfunctions, errors, or failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; Web site, Internet, or ISP availability; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause); or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit one’s ability to enter or compete in the Sweepstakes.
11. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
12. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, the Sponsors reserve the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
13. Prize Winner. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Prize Winners, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant’s or third person’s property related to or resulting from any part of the Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
14. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes, including claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
17. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles, California.